L2007 Mastering Limiter
“” of others, “” When something “
The L2007 makes mixes sound richer and thicker, effortlessly. Just tweak the threshold knob -- It's like magic. In other words, there is “
Sit back, relax, and enjoy.
- Session-restore functionality
- Precision text entry controls
- Control surface support
- AudioSuite support
- Save-and-restore functionality
- Automation support
- Bypass switching
- Mono & Multi-mono support
What does the Mode control on the L2007 do?The modes alter the behavior of the envelope detector. There's a complex set of parameters that go into the algorithm and this packages them up into an easy-to-use control. The audio material and the degree of limiting will affect how audible this settting is. If you're only shaving a couple of dB off, this setting is not going to matter much at all.
- Loud: This is the most straightforward "industry-standard" setting. Good for rock music.
- Mellow: has the same dynamics characteristics as Loud, but reduces some of the gritty midrange to high-end distortion. The compromise is a little less perceived loudness.
- Smooth: This mode has an altogether different dynamics characteristics than Loud or Mellow and can tend to round off the high-end when pushed harder. This mode will often have less distortion on most material, but more pumping-&-breathing artifacts.
- Vibrant: This mode is more reactive to the mid-range and has an overall different feel and distortion characteristics than the other modes. Though Mellow or Loud probably sound better with ridiculous amounts of limiting, Vibrant is my favorite when working within a reasonable range.
How do I set the release control?Normal is the fastest release and I generally advise leaving it in this setting. The L2007 has an intelligent program-dependent envelope detector that will attack and release as slowly or quickly as it sees fit. Each Mode was carefully designed to release in a particular manner for most material. The Release control simply slows down those specificially-designed characteristics. So, Normal will probably sound the best without much fussing around. Slower releases might be useful for reducing compression distortion artifacts in certain cases or for simply changing the aesthetics of the compression quality.
How can I enter settings more precisely?With the full version of the plugin, you can click the threshold or max output labels to access text entry boxes.
Please consult the compatibility chart for plugin-specific host, hardware and sample rate capabilities.
Copyright © 2013-2014 Massey Plugins Inc.